Licensed Primary care medical, dental and mental/behavioral health clinicians may earn up to $50,000 toward student loans, from the federal National Health Service Corps, in exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site.
After completing your initial service commitment, you can apply to extend your service and receive additional loan repayment assistance. The amount you receive and length of your commitment depends on where you serve (service at sites in higher need areas yields greater loan repayments). It also depends on whether you select the full-time or half-time option.
In Montana, the following licensed healthcare providers may apply for $15,000 assistance with loan repayment, through MT NHSC, for a 2-year commitment:
- Physicians (MD/DO)
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Psychiatrist (MD/DO)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist
- Clinical or Counseling Psychologist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Dentist (DDS/DMD)
- Registered Dental Hygienist