- Currently enrolled in one of four behavioral health training programs at the University of Montana or Montana State University (Masters in Social Work, Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Doctorate of Psychology, Doctorate of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner)
- Must be in good academic standing in your program
- Must be in the final required field placement for your program (Masters in Social Work (2nd or final year), Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (2nd or final year), Doctorate of Psychology – Clinical or School (3rd year or higher), Doctorate of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (final rotation)
Must attend BHWET student applicant interview day on March 5, 2020 (8-11am) in the UC on University of Montana campus (Zoom accommodations may be available for students located outside of Missoula).
- February 13: Applications Open
- February 20: BHWET Student Informational Session: University of Montana UC (EDU 313), noon-1:30, lunch provided. Slide presentation from this Info Session.
- February 28: Applications Close
- March 5: Interviews for selected applicants from 8-11am in the UC on the University of Montana campus. Please keep this time open if you are applying. The ability to interview via zoom will be made possible for students located outside of Missoula.
- Contact Ivie English with any questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Format: Applications should be saved as one PDF document; materials should be in the following order (LOI; CV; References; Attestation; Site Rankings); please name your document LASTNAME_BHWET_degreeprogram e.g. English_BHWET_psychology
- Letter of intent should include:
- How is the interdisciplinary training model relevant to your career goals
- Describe your commitment to working with rural and underserved populations
- Discuss your ability to commit the time and resources needed to fulfill the practicum requirement for this project during 2020-2021 academic year
- How have prior experiences prepared you for interdisciplinary behavioral health work
- Three references – Name and contact information. Letters of reference are not necessary.
- Attestation of Good Standing (not currently on warning or academic probation): A statement of your own indicating that you are in good standing is sufficient. Your training program will be asked to verify your good standing if you are selected for a grant-funded position.
- Rank order your top 3 preferences for site placement. The placement committee will make the best effort to place you at your preferred site. Please note that placement at your preferred site is NOT guaranteed:
- Providence St. Patrick Hospital - Missoula
- Partnership Health Center - Missoula
- VA - Missoula
- VA - Helena
- VA - Kalispell
- Curry Health Center - Missoula
- Community Medical Center - Missoula
- Planned Parenthood of Montana - Missoula
- Missoula Urban Indian Health Center
- Trapper Creek Job Corps - Darby
- Shodair Children's Hospital - Helena
- Lolo Ag Worker Health & Services - Lolo
- Barrett Hospital - Dillon
- Pureview Health Center - Helena
- Mercury Street Medical Practice - Butte
- Southwest Community Health Center - Butte
- Montana State Hospital - Warm Springs
- Montana State Prison - Deer Lodge
- Northwest Community Health Center - Libby
*If accepted and placed, student will work with site coordinator to provide the following as requested:
- Confidentiality agreement
- Background check
- Policies & Procedures
- Copy of University of Montana Malpractice Insurance
Upload your application here. Please make sure it is in PDF or .docx format.